Work orders are processed Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. Work orders can be placed by calling 318-274-6162. For all after hour emergencies and weekends, please call 318-247-0313 and follow instructions on our answer automation service.
Preventing Toilet Overflows:
Lost Key Procedures:
- The student will be charged $50.00 for each lost key in Traditional halls, $10.00 for each slide key and each hard key in Tiger Village residence halls. For replacement keys for traditional halls, student must report lost key to Resident Assistant or Area Coordinator and sign a charge sheet. Residents for Jewett Hall will be charged $10.00 for front door key replacement. Charge will be placed on students account at this time.
- If the lock and core has to be changed there is a charge of $50.00
- Once the core (lock) to the student's room has been changed or swipe card ordered no cancellation nor credits can be issued to the student's account.
- To receive a replacement key for Tiger Village the student must present a GSU ID at Robinson Hall and sign a charge sheet. Charges will be placed on students account.
- The student's room assignment will be verified
- When issued a new or replacement card, the previous card for the same same resident is automatically invalidated by the first insertion of the new key card.
- It is recommended that you visit your room as soon as possible after being issued a replacement key card by Residential Liife, and use the new card in the lock.
Residence Hall Entry Door Tips
Deadbolting the lock from the Inside and Outside
- To engage the built - in deadbolt while in your room, simply close your door pull the inside lock handle upward.
- To engage deadbolt from exterior for additional security, simply close the door, insert the card key and pull the lock handle upward.
Entry Door Troubleshooting:
Indicators Lights ( Red and Green)
To the left of the card slot on your lock are two indicator lights, which indicate the status of the lock anytime a card is inserted. If you should ever experience a problem with your lock, it would be helpful to provide a description of these light codes when calling in work orders.
|LIGHT INDICATOR||WHAT IT MEANS|
|Solid Green Light||1. Access granted|
|Immediate Solid Red Light||
1. The card isn't authorized to access the door
2. The card has expired/deactivated
|Alternating Flashing||1. The card is out of shift ( not active during certain days of the week and /or hours of the day).|
|Green Light & Flashing||2. Activation date for card is set for a future date.|
|Red Light||3. A wire inside the lock is pinched or has shorted.|
|Delayed Red Light||
1. The card is blank, demagnetized, or damaged.
2. The card was inserted incorrectly or left in the lock for too long.
3. The internal " card reader head" requires service or cleaning.
|Solid Green Light With
Flashing Red Light
|1. The Batteries in the lock are low and need to be replaced IMMEDIATLEY.|