As Grambling State established its new beginning the administration also took care to honor Grambling State’s strong, prestigious history. In 2010, the following nine buildings were added to National Register of Historic Buildings: Long-Jones Hall, Jewett Hall, Eddie Robinson Museum, Lee Hall, Men’s Memorial Gym, T.H. Harris Auditorium, Brown Hall, University Police Building, and Foster-Johnson Health Center.
上海快3官方网址 From 1939 to 1960, Grambling State University was the only institution of higher learning available to African-Americans in northern Louisiana. During this period, nearly all of the buildings selected to the National Historic Registry were built. Consequently, these buildings individually and collectively met the National Register eligibility criteria which included: their quality of significance in American history, architecture, archeology, engineering and culture, as well as their association with events that have made a significant contribution to the broad patterns of American history. An additional criteria met by the selected buildings was their association with the lives of persons significant in our past and the embodiment of the distinctive characteristics of their type, period, or method of construction. These buildings now qualify to receive federal funds for remodeling and construction purposes.
|Original Building Name:||Long Hall|
|Current Building Name:||Long-Jones Hall|
上海快3官方网址This building was named in honor of Earl Long, the governor of Louisiana at the time of Grambling's foundation. The building now bears the name of Long-Jones Hall, to also honor Ralph Waldo Emerson Jones, University's President from 1936 to 1977
|Original Building Name:||Jewett Hall|
|Current Building Name:||Jewett Hall|
|Original Use:||Senior Women's Dormitory|
|Current Use:||Women Dormitory|
Jewett Hall was named after Fidelia Jewett, (white) a San Francisco Philanthropist visited and continuously gave money to Grambling.
|Original Building Name:||Gymnasium/Auditorium|
|Current Building Name:||Eddie Robinson Museum|
|Current Use:||Eddie Robinson Museum|
This building has been renovated to house a museum dedicated to legendary Grambling Football Coach Eddie Robinson.
|Original Building Name:||Lee Hall|
|Current Building Name:||Lee Hall|
|Original Use:||Library House|
|Current Use:||Financial Aid|
上海快3官方网址Lee Hall was named after a former state superintendent of education, E. A. Lee.
|Original Building Name:||The Physical Education and Health Building|
|Current Building Name:||Men's Memorial Gymnasium|
|Original Building Name:||The Auditorium|
|Current Building Name:||T. H. Harris Auditorium|
This building was named in honor of Thomas H. Harris, a from state school superintendent from 1908-1940.
|Original Building Name:||Brown Hall|
|Current Building Name:||Brown Hall|
|Original Use:||Freshmen Women's Dormitory|
Brown Hall was named after Hallie Q. Brown, a distinguished lecturer and elocutionist who traveled extensively.
|Original Building Name:||Women' Teachers Hall|
|Current Building Name:||University Police Building|
|Original Use:||Housing for Female Teachers|
|Current Use:||House University Police|
|Original Building Name:||Infirmary|
|Current Building Name:||Foster-Johnson Health Center|
|Current Use:||Infirmary/Counseling Center|
Foster-Johnson Health Center was named after Madison Foster, a physician from Monroe and Edward A. Johnson, who drove 200 miles roundtrip from Natchitoches to serve Grambling Campus and community residents; first two college physicians at Grambling College.